CSE 121 Fa 2000 -- Lecture 2 -- Sep 26
Topics covered in today's lecture:
- Kernel panics versus user-level code's assert package.
Briefly mentioned loop invariants as something that might be checked.
- Process state:
- signal handlers
- resource limits as set by setrlimit
- current working directory
- virtual memory
- process state: ps's WCHAN -- sleeping processes,
running, runnable, stopped, idle, or zombie (see 4.7)
- the init process (pid 1) that reaps all orphaned zombies.
- Controlling terminals. Signals to setuid programs.
- BSD changes:
- users belonging to multiple groups
- job control and ramifications (continued thursday)
search CSE |
CSE home |
bsy's home page |
webster i/f |
pgp key svr
email@example.com, last updated Thu Oct 12 20:18:36 PDT 2000. Copyright 2000 Bennet Yee.